Advantages of using a Virtual Study Environment
- Cuts travel costs, since students can learn from the comfort of their own home.
- Students can get more time with a native English speaking teacher, since class sizes are small. One to one classes are also cheaper than in academies. Commonly classes in academies have large numbers of students.
- Teachers can respond to the individual learning needs of the student.
- Lessons scheduling is more adaptable and can fit student needs.
- Interactive multi-media tools can be utilised for a more dynamic learning process.
Disadvantages of using a Virtual Study Environment
Using older more traditional forms of videoconferencing software, students can’t clearly observe the body language of a teacher.
ESL WIZ Study rooms allows the webcam windows to be fully adjustable, so you can clearly see the body language and facial expressions of your teacher.
Students are unsure how easy it is to ask teachers questions when class is underway.
ESL WIZ has smaller class sizes and an affordable one-to-one program, so teachers spend time responding to student difficulties. This is seen as a priority in all the English language programs we offer.
Lessons can also be recorded on MP3, so students can have a record of how the teacher responded to their questions.
It’s difficult to re-create the atmosphere of a classroom in the virtual study environment.
Through the ESL WIZ study club option, students can form their own study group with their friends, classmates and colleagues. Small class sizes and a range of interactive tools can create a surprisingly comfortable and interactive learning environment.